Facetime is an application that supports video calling and audio calling in between the apple devices. One thing is that it doesn’t make calls to android devices. To make calls you need Wi-Fi or cellular networks. If you have this connection then you can make calls. It works on iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Mac. It was introduced on the iOS device on June 24, 2010. It has a commercial proprietary software license.
It is available in a various language such as English, Chinese, Dutch, Russian, Danish, French, German, Italian, Swedish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Korean, Polish, Japanese, Finnish, Spanish. In the year 2018 FaceTime announced group video call up to 32 peoples. It uses three megabytes of data for every five minutes of conversation with FaceTime video calling.
Steps To Be Followed For Making Calls On FaceTime: –
You can use facetime over Wi-Fi or cellular which is supported on your iOS device. If FaceTime isn’t available on your device if you have to get it from the apple store and just download the app. If you have installed it before then you have to check that the app is up to date if not then you have to update an app. After downloading an app there are few steps to be followed for placing a call.
Step 1: – Turn ON FaceTime
To turn on a FaceTime application then you have to open the settings > FaceTime and then you have to sign with your apple I’d. if you’re using an iPhone then it automatically registers your phone number. To get register by your mail I’d then you have to go to settings > FaceTime > use your apple I’d and sign in with your Apple ID.
If you’re using an iPad or iPod touch, you have to register with your mail ID by clicking on settings > FaceTime and use your Apple ID to sign in to your account.
Step 2: – How To Make A Call On FaceTime
To make a call on FaceTime you need a person’s phone number or email address. There are a few steps to make a call.
- Open the FaceTime app, click on the plus sign, type a person’s phone number or email address, then enter a number or mail ID, then click on an audio sign or video sign to make a call. It is up to you to make an audio or video call.
- If you have a person’s number or email ID saved in your contact, then go to contacts, on the search bar type of person’s name and tap on the name in which it shows audio or video sign, then place a call.
- During a call on your iPhone device you can also begin a FaceTime call, just click on the FaceTime icon in the phone app to switch to FaceTime.
Step 3: – Use FaceTime Audio With Call Waiting
When you get another call, either you’re one phone call or FaceTime call you to have to choose some other options like: –
- End up with the current call and you can accept the incoming call.
- You can also accept the incoming call and put the current call on hold.
- You can also decline the incoming income if it is not important to you, it depends on your preference.
Step 4: – Use Emoji In Your FaceTime
On your iPhone X or later any devices, or on iPod 11 inch- 12.9 inches you can create an Emoji on your mood, and use it on the FaceTime video call.
- open the FaceTime app and make the calls.
- When the FaceTime call starts, click on the effects button which shows the star-like symbol.
- Tap on the emoji which you want to use.
- Continue your call with your emoji and click on the x button if you don’t want to use an emoji on your call.
- If you want to change or remove in between the call, you can repeat 2-4 steps.
Step 5: – Use Live Photos On FaceTime
If your device is with iOS 12.1.4 version, you can capture the live moments with your friends and family during a FaceTime video call. So, here’s there are the steps.
- Start a FaceTime video call with a person.
- Click on the shutter button which shows a take a live photo.
- Then go to your Photos app and find the photos which you have saved.
FaceTime is a great application. The clarity of the video and audio is the best. In case you prefer to go for other facetime alternatives. To place a call on FaceTime a person must have an iPhone device. In the present day, FaceTime is a leading application for video and audio in the App store. There are many alternatives in android devices, but FaceTime is a leading app in an iOS device.