The internet introduced us to video-calling. This enabled us to work beyond distances and measures and connect with people from all corners of the world. FaceTime is the ultimate video-calling app developed by Apple Inc for IOS users. By integrating iOS UI onto their phones and desktops, several people are able to run the app on their devices, which are not initially iOS powered. Facetime app download for android – There are many reports of an Apk that allows you to run the app on non-iOS devices. In this article, we will take a look at those claims and unravel the mystery behind APKs that allow FaceTime to run on Android phones.
What is FaceTime?
FaceTime is a popular and cool app that popularized video-calling thanks to its excellent interface and high-quality calling options. The app was developed by Apple Inc, primarily for iOS users and MAC users. It comes as an inbuilt application on iOS devices, and so there is no need to install it. However, if you delete it, by mistake, the app is available on the iTunes App Store or iFunBox Store for iOS users and is an entirely free application. The first version of the application was launched in July, 2010 and since then the app has grown in strength. So the question remains how to get facetime on android phone ?
Features of FaceTime on Android
- Simple and easy to use
- Available for iOS devices only.
- May be used on laptops and desktops via an iOS emulator.
- Single tap allows you to call someone directly.
- Uses very little data.
- Runs in the background while you use the other features on your iOS phone.
- Has no time that counts the minutes as seconds as it does for calls made on data.
- Can utilise both primary and secondary cameras on your phone
- Good visual quality
- Secure and robust app
- Enabled picture-in-picture facility
- Choice between video and audio call
- Ability to mute audio during a call
Benefits of FaceTime
- Smooth user-interface that is user-friendly and adaptive
- High response rates and no lags
- Free of cost
- High-quality video and audio calling
- Rapid and useful support from Apple team
- Frequent updates
FaceTime For Android Download
Finally, let’s tackle those reports that talk about APK patches that enable you to run FaceTime on Android. People all over the world love the app because its convenient and free. But as it is developed by Apple, it runs only on iOS devices. While several websites claim they have found a way to integrate the iOS factor into their APK to enable you to run the app on all kinds of mobile phone, we have found this to be true. Unfortunately, as of now, there are no valid and certified APKs available on the internet that helps you utilise FaceTime for your Android devices.
As there are no valid links available, we have realised that several websites provide links that either do not work or are malicious and unsafe. Therefore, we urge users not to fall for this trap and install the file, but rather to switch to other alternatives. These alternatives will enable you to communicate with your dear ones without putting your device at risk. We have briefly looked upon some alternatives in this article, but will soon be out with an extensive look at other applications you can use in place of FaceTime in another article. So keep your eyes and ears open for that one.
Also, while Android users will be disappointed, for now, the considerable market that is available online, who require this app will most likely lead to someone developing an APK which works soon enough. Soon enough, we will be able to use FaceTime on Android phones with ease. As soon as that happens, rest assured that we will provide you with the information required to enable you to do the same. Facetime for samsung is also possible using this guide.
Till then, try these safer options.
Alternatives for FaceTime on Android
While the Android APK isn’t out yet, don’t fret too much because these apps will have you covered. Here are the three best alternatives for FaceTime that you can use on Android phones. Google duo facetime android is kind alternative to facetime in android.
- Glide: Most recommended for Windows phones, this app is a brilliant replacement for FaceTime. It also allows you to record the video call making it an insanely useful app to store your dear memories.
- iMovicha: Allowing calls over 4G, 34 and LTE makes this app an instant success.
- WeChat: The most popular FaceTime alternative in China, WeChat is loved by users for its excellent interface, high-speeds and good-quality connections.
Downloading FaceTime on a Windows PC
Another option you have is to just download the application for your PC, rather than your phone. While Android APKs do not exist, there are ways to run FaceTime on your laptop or desktop. Here’s a look at how you can get FaceTime to work on your Windows PC.
- Download and Install the iPadian emulator.
- Use your Apple ID to log into your account.
- Go to iTunes Store.
- Search for FaceTime on the Store.
- Download the app from the Store and install it onto your PC.
- Once the installation is done, a shortcut will appear on the emulator’s home screen.
- Double click on the FaceTime icon.
- Log in using your Apple ID.
- The app is now ready to use.
- Carry on like you would if you were using your device on iOS.